These classes are specifically designed for dogs between 4-12 months with exercises progressed in a way that allows younger dogs with shorter attention spans to learn how to engage with their owner and become more motivated to train, when faced with the distraction of people and other dogs. Please note course content can be modified at the discretion of the instructor depending on the participants involved.
*Highlighted exercises listed below are NOT included in Novice Group Obedience classes. Other skills that are covered in both types of classes may be covered using different types of exercises and with lower levels of distraction.
- Calm Handling and/ or Grooming
- Dealing with Mouthing
- Using noise desensitisation for socialisation
- Using Play to develop Motivation
- Sit / Stay
- Loose Lead Walking
- Recall (come when called)
- Use of a marker and release word
- Using appropriate motivation and rewards
- Self-Control Exercises
- Problem Solving games
- Greeting people and other dogs
- Dealing with distractions and excitability