Select-A-Dog in Melbourne
Find the right dog for you!
Are you thinking of getting your first dog? Looking to add a second dog to your family? Choosing an adult dog from a breeder or Melbourne dog rescue organisation and not sure where to start?
Select a Dog sessions are for everyone wanting to add a new four legged friend to their family. The select a dog program includes a 1 hour private session for you and your family AND two independent assessments of dogs or puppies that you are interested in welcoming to the family. Select A Dog can also help you to find the dogs or puppy suited to you- this service is particularly useful for first time owners, busy professionals and those who have children as part of the family or will be welcoming children soon.
Getting the right dog for you is critical in ensuring a happy and healthy relationship with your new dog for the whole of their life.
- Do you know if you should have a puppy or adult?
- What breed is right for you?
- What about a dog suitable for children?
- Do you have one dog and looking at a second?
- Not sure how to choose a dog that compliments your existing family and lifestyle?
- Have you considered how much time you can devote to exercising, stimulating and training your new dog?
- Do you want an active, outgoing or calm, quiet dog?
- Do you really know the characteristics of the breed you are looking at getting?
- Do you know how to find a reputable registered breeder?
- Do you know what questions to ask a rescue group or shelter about the dogs in their care?
We can answer these questions for you before you get your dog- saving you time, money, energy and frustration that would be needed if you chose the wrong dog for you.